Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blessings

Today I would like to share a bible verse that is on my calender in the kitchen. This is a calender that has a daily bible verse about God's blessings.

"Beloved,I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health,even as thy soul prospereth."  
                                             3 John 1:2

This today made me think that happiness is prayerfully counting your blessings while thanking the Lord even on those bad days!!! Of course we can be concerned for those events and unexpected things that concern us but we are  not to be anxious. And here a couple of verses spring to mind:

"Be careful for nothing: but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
                                     Philipppians 4:6

                                     and

"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
                                     1 Thessalonians 5:18

Today was another reflective day as I have mulled over in my mind my latest trial that I have to deal with. Another one of those turning your world upside down trials. The more I thought the more the words of a very familiar song came to mind. I am sure many of you will be familiar with this too:


"When upon lifes billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings,name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

Isn't it good that we can think about the good things in our lives rather than our troubles? This way we can view life from a half full perspective and not a half  empty glass perspective! The above song reminds me always to count my blessings.

And from my vast quote collection:

"Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has plenty: Not on your misfortunes of which all have some."
                             Charles Dickens

"Every burden is a blessing."

"Hem you blessings with thankfulness so they do not unravel."
                            Unknown

"A good memory is one that can remember the day's blessings and forget the days troubles."
                            Unknown


And some photographs of my garden and the beautiful world out there!! Each morning I see these beautiful views.
I am so blessed!!














5 comments:

  1. OH wow, how timely! I was dealing with the burden of everything going on in my life and was feeling anxious through the night. Immediately this morning I was quoting Philippians 4:6-7.

    I am thankful that God is more than able to handle the things that concern us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and words! Hope today is a happy one for you as you remember your blessings and come into His presence with a thankful heart! :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I was really blessed by my visit here this morning. I am sorry you have another trial to go through. I will keep you in prayer. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda! Such a precious post! One that can speak to many I am sure. I am so happy to see your lifting your gaze to things above & set you heart & mind on your blessings instead of the trial. This will help you so much Linda. God is faithful & so good. I really loved your photos this morning - especially that one that showcased the bird in the tree! So lovely. Hope you are having a blessed day Linda. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures you posted here are just beautiful Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete