Saturday, September 25, 2010

Quotes

Today I wanted to share a few quotes from my vast collection. I have collected quotes for years and I have thousands!!! I love quotes! Can you tell?!
 
"If you get busy serving God,you are too busy to sin." Author Unknown
 
"Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today and is coming back tomorrow." Theodore Epp
 
"God takes us into deep waters, not to drown us but to cleanse us." Author Unknown
 
"We can never hear the warning often enough. The tongue may be small, but oh so deadly when not under the sanctifying Grace of God."  Lin Pearson
 
"The life of faith does not earn eternal life: it is eternal life.And Christ is it's vehicle." William Temple
 
"Those who know God the best are the richest and most powerful in prayer.Little acquaintance with God and strangeness and coldness to Him, make prayer a rare and feeble thing."  William Temple

And a few more things about me:

I like freshly squeezed orange juice.
I like tea and coffee
I collect quotes
I love country
I love Amish
I love primitive
I have a huge angel figurine collection
I dislike humidity
I love the breeze blowing gently on my face
I am there for my family and friends day or night
I love sweet taasting things-there goes an inch or two on my waist!!
Love fresh fruit
I am a night owl and often resemble a panda!!!....lol.
I love watching the birds in my garden
My favourite bird is a robin

And a few photos taken at the ocean-Bournemouth a short while ago:

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

10 comments:

  1. I am a quote collector as well. I don't
    have thousands though, but hundreds. I
    would like to add these I've enjoyed
    here today.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the quotes and the pics!! I've always loved the ocean!!

    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for these quotes, I collect some myself, plus an ever growing collection of favorite Scriptures. It is fun to think of you resembling a panda at times :) and you sound like a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quotes are lovely...thank you for sharing! AND the "about you" things I am enjoying very much...fresh orange juice is one of my favourites...as is fresh fruit. I'm a hater of humidity too...and yummy things, well...I guess you know that about me too! :)

    Have a wonderful LORD's Day Linda!
    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a collection of quotes too. When I was homeschooling my kids, copying quotes was part of what they used for handwriting practice. Not ony did it give them practice writing, but it filled their little minds with such profound thoughts. That is how I compiled a very large portfolio of quotes.

    The coastline photos are breathtaking. I'm totally in love!!!

    While you like your sweets, I'll take fried food, thank you very much (potato chips, French fries)...Like sweet things, they add to the waistline.

    Have a lovely week,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quotes and beautiful pictures! We didn't get our Ocean trip this year, but hoping to next year! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda...thank you for sharing the quotes, because as you know, I have thousands too. I miss the days when we would share them via email daily (remember that?). I know something about you that you haven't shared...& I'm sure this will bring back memories & make you squeal with laughter - ready? You dont like burnt grilled cheese. :-) Remember that day? :-) Love you Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda! Love reading your quotes! What a beautiful beach and great pictures! Hope you're having a great day!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda: I just love your beautiful quotes. Most of all the commitment you have with the Lord. I have been going through a very hard time and it is encouraging to see that you have come threw in victory. I am blessed to have read your post today. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes... that is very good...

    "Nothing gold can stay"
    ~Robert Frost

    ReplyDelete