Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back and Posting!

It has been way too long since I have been here!
It has been a busy past couple of months as preparations continued for my daughter Natalie's wedding to James. They were married on April 10th and it was a wonderful wedding and a beautiful sunny day! So blessed as April here in England can be a showery wet month! I will be posting photos of the wedding day real soon!
 
I am recovering from a viral illnes stemming from my asthma and allergies. Yes, with that beautiful weather comes the downside for me-pollen!! I actually lost my voice for a few days and felt unwell. My voice now coming back,well somewhat and I am feeling a little better!
 
I thought that I would share a few quotes and photos today and get back slowly into blogging again.
 
Here are two photos: One of Woodstock, a picturesque village where Winston Churchill is buried. I love going for a cream tea here and I am posting a photo of me having a cream tea! Yummy!! All photos taken this month.

 
 
Try being a guardian angel to someone else today. You may find the blessings you receive are as great as the ones you give.
 
True friendship is a knot that angel hands have tied.
 
A Photo of me at a restaurant called the Crazy Bear at Stadhampton in Oxford. Wonderful food and wonderful scenery!
 
There will be peace in the world so far as there is righteousness in the heart. John Stiller
 
Do not have your concert first and tune your instruments afterward.Begin your day with God. James Tayl0r

More photos of the restaurant
 
 
 
I would rather work with God in the dark than go alone in the light. Mary Brainard
 
Worry does not empty today of its sorrow:it empties today of its strength. Corrie Ten Boom

If you are not satisfied with little,you will not be satisfied with much. Anonymous
 
Photos of the tearoom

 
Take care not to burden your day with more than its share. Mrs Gilbert-Ann Taylor
 
How often we look upon God as our last and feeblest resource! We go to Him because we have nowhere else to go and then we learn that the storms of life have driven us,not upon the rocks but into the desired haven. George MacDonald
 
Photos of ducks at the reservoir and the setting sun shimmering on the water.


11 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back! Love the pictures! What is cream tea? I love tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very good to have you back, missed you.
    The photos are wonderful, thanks. And I
    too would like to know what is cream tea
    as I also love tea.
    Hope your Easter is blessed with His peace
    and presence.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you back! I love to have cream tea at a tea room! You look very lovely sitting having your tea! Hope you are feeling better. Those allergies can be rough. I have them also, and it has already started even though it is still cold here. I am getting anxious for the warm weather to get here and STAY this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a precious blog...your pictures are beautiful. I've never been to England but through your pictures, I feel like I've visited a bit.

    May God bless you and rid you completely from allergies and asthma in Jesus precious name I pray. Amen!

    Peace,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. Loved all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worry does not empty today of its sorrow:it empties today of its strength.

    Corrie Ten Boom

    I loved this one...You look absolutely gorgeous in the pics girl..Love ya
    Was talking about you yesterday to my niece while we visited with her new born at my home yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back to blogging, my friend! Sorry to hear you had a viral infection,glad to hear you're doing better! A BIG Congratulations to Natalie and James! Thanks for posting such thought-provoking quotes and beautiful photos - I'm agreeing with Angela, my favorite is the one by Corrie Ten Boom. What a soldier of God! Have a beautiful Easter, basking in God's goodness. Love & Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you have posting my friend, hope you will get better each day, have a happy Resurrection Day, and God bless you, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such GORGEOUS photos Linda! I *love* that little tea room...sooo pretty and *country*. And I *LOVE* cream teas...so British and yes...YUMMY!!! I am so pleased that the weather was lovely for your daughter's wedding. And...so sorry to learn of your seasonal allergies and illness...nasty business. :(

    Many blessings to you!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures and quotes!!
    Hope you are feeling better!
    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete