Friday, April 30, 2010

My Birthday Celebration

Today I wanted to tell you about my day out yesterday arranged by my daughter to celebrate my birthday. What fun I had!

My day started early as we had to set off to go to Wiltshire which is over two hours away from Oxford. I was going to spend the day at Longleet Safari park a place I have never been to before. The journey was nice and I greatly enjoyed the scenery and views. True to the forecast however the rain tumbled down for most of the day and kept on tumbling!!! Good thing I had remembered to take my umbrella!! Here in England it is a must to have this with you most of the time. It will be well used-guaranteed!!

The safari was wonderful and we drove around the park watching all the animals as they grazed and wandered freely. I loved it when the deer came up to our car and put their  faces through the car window in search of food!! I was a little more apprehensive when we drove by where the lions,tigers and wolves were. Magnificent animals but  I was a little wary!!

After our tour of the park it was time for a cream tea-now this is something I always look forward to! Huge scones,clotted cream and jam! Very yummy! Then after this a little shopping in the quaint shops in the house.
We wanted to look over the house and grounds too but it was near closing and we decided we would visit again.

My daughter spoiled me with presents and I was given amongst other gifts from her a beautiful heart necklace which I had admired once when we were out shopping.I was so touched that she had remembered I had said I liked it!

After a pleasant drive back to Oxford it was time for dinner at the Living Room a very nice restaurant in town. On the menu for me, honey glazed salmon!! After a very nice meal I then went over to see my oldest daughter Laura who could not join us on our day out as she had pulled a ligament in her back and was in much discomfort.

How thankful I am that the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful family,partner and friends.I would like to include some photos of my birthday-photos of my daughter Natalie and me and not to forget some of my new friends!!

And a couple of quotes that remind me of blessings:

"Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles."
                                        M Babcock

"Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,and they can become your blessings."
                                       Author Unknown




















4 comments:

  1. Linda, How I enjoyed reading all about your special day! I am so glad that you had such a great time. Of course you had to endure the rain, but as you have said many times - "to be expected!". LOVED the photos! I wish we had done this trip when we lived there. Love your umbrella too..that photo of you was so lovely. Nats is getting big! Loved seeing her. So happy that you were spoiled by your presents. So all in all, sounds like you had a wonderful 29th. :-) Ouch! My nose just hit the monitor! :-) Love you Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda~

    What an amazing birthday you had. Thank you for sharing your special day with us!

    Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! What a gorgeous family you have!

    I especially loved the picture of the giraffe. L@@K at those LASHES!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    I enjoyed yours very much. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog, I was blessed reading it. I've always wanted to visit Longleat (grandparents lived near Salisbury) but have never had the opportunity. Drop by my blog sometime, you'll be very welcome.

    ReplyDelete